Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bibles!

I haven't updated for a while. It was a busy week with children to visit in the hospitals and an internet subscription that ran out! Erica and Tina are here this week so if you want to know what's happening with TRS and the kids you'll have to check out their blogs at savetheorphan.blogspot.com; they might be updating regularly. For me, I'm not sure if I'll have time to say much until next Sunday!

Today though I want to share an email that I got from Angie; I am so excited about what my friends in St. Cloud have done for the children here…

"This weekend Lesli and I gave our debriefing of Day Camp to the Crossroads community. We averaged around 60 kids a day and just as many workers. The kids brought in $733.76 and a Bible for offering. We challenged the congregation at both services to match the kids. The congregation did that and more between the two services they gave $868.56. The grand total being $1602.32!
God is Awesome!!

We are praying for you both and the kids at The Covering, or as the children of Crossroads say, "Cari's Kids".

Angie"

Soon the children here will each have their own Bible to read. God is so good! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! What a great support community you have in St Cloud! God will bless them back, I'm sure!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete