Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Monday, April 18, 2011

A.

Today I talked with the very first resident of The Covering…our first lady…and the first thing I discovered is that I've been calling her by the wrong name all this time! I learned long ago that one should always ask a child what he or she wants to be called…I forgot in her case until today and discovered something new! (I struggled the rest of my time with her to use the "right" name! ug!)

She is a beautiful 10 year old who has a favorite dress that is white (or was white once) with pink flowers. Hugs are always a part of every interaction with her…she gives the best squeezes. She is quiet and gracious but very strong and often demanding…these are qualities that will serve her well some day! 

She shared with me that she came to TRS because her family wanted her to have the chance to go to school, something they could not provide for her; her house was too small for all the people that lived there. Her favorite thing about TRS is school and she likes gym class best. The thing she thanks God for is that she sleeps well at night. She told me that she is very good at prayer and that makes her special. She wants to be a nurse when she grows up and she also loves to sweep:) and someday she would like to see a giraffe! 

If she could say one thing to all of you who are reading this, she would tell you about God, who is Spirit, who gives us wisdom and who loves us!








No comments:

Post a Comment