Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Monday, April 4, 2011


A Brief Story about Aunty P. (a cook)

This was what she said: "I have 4 children and I live in Grassfield. The food I like best is leaves and rice and my favorite color is pink. The thing I enjoy most about my job at TRS is when I give food to the children and I also have some skills that I do not use at TRS because I am not here for them,my area is to cook for the children but these are the things…soap making and tailoring. The year I came to know Christ was in 1996." Sam

Aunty P. as she is known by the children is everyone's favorite! She makes the delicious food that they eat everyday! She also loves on them, knows their names and how much they like to eat; she shows concern for each of them individually. The kitchen is always a fun place to be for the staff and children because of Aunty P.

A brief Story about Aunty J.S. (a caregiver)

This was what she said: "I have 4 children and I live in the Western area of Freetown. My favorite food is cassava leaves and my favorite color is peach. The thing I enjoy most about my job and TRS is, I enjoy being with the children. I learn many things from them. The skills that I know but I don't use at TRS is tailoring and also I was 33 years old when I came to know Christ." Sam

Aunty J.S. is one of the newer members of our staff and is working with our babies and toddlers. And we are hoping that soon she will be using her tailoring skills to teach our teen moms how to sew! Recently, she helped to sew all the school uniforms for our kids…I can't imagine getting measurements and sewing uniforms for 70+ children, and completing it in a week! AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. chrissiewoodruffMay 6, 2011 at 1:57 AM

    Cari, I love this post! Thankk you! It's wonderful to get to know the caregivers this way.

    ReplyDelete