Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Green and White and Blue

So next week Sierra Leone celebrates 50 years of Independence from England and today and tomorrow our children are going out to visit some historical and important sites in Freetown. I wish I could share all the historical information I gathered today but I can't…seriously, it was so HOT that the wax in my ears boiled and I heard nothing…I took a lot of pictures though…



Baby Cari LOVE Sierra Leone! (She did not get to go on the trip:( 

Ready to go! One Poda for boys & one for girls.

First Stop: Fourbay College...the University of Sierra Leone!










Just in case you get lost and need to find your way back to Freetown...


The steps to the ampitheater, where granduations happen. I PROMISED the children that if they graduate from this college, I WILL come to their graduation!

John F. Kennedy...they asked me if I knew him...um, not personally...I guess he sent money for the school...




Second Stop: Parliament, public gallery




Future Parliamentarians...you have to be 30...but wait someday they just might have a seat here!

Aunties and Uncles who work hard enough to be Parliamentarians...I'd vote for them. 

This is for all of you who still have your Christmas Tree up...so does the Government of Sierra Leone so don't feel bad:)

Third Stop: The Peace and Cultural Monument

It's next to THE Cotton Tree...the center of Freetown

Did you see the movie?

Some important people....


Peace and Justice for all. 





This Sierra Leonean is just too cute!

2 comments:

  1. looks like fun! I saw the Queen on NBC this morning, so I guess she's not there yet. Also, Michelle was out flying around and another plane got too close so they had to abort the landing and try again. So I guess she's not there yet either?
    Love the pics and the posts!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures, there worth a thousands words but then again Cari's words are worth much more because she speaks of the TRUTH!!

    ReplyDelete