Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Song of the Beautiful

Today was another holiday...we like to celebrate in Sierra Leone:) And a holiday = no school so as promised I took 4 of the older girls out...they helped me go to the grocery store to buy coke for Aunty Erica and they picked out Oreos and Crunch n' Munch for themselves. We drove to the closest beach and ate and talked and played. They got to watch a young man try to get me to be his "friend"...I'm not joking...he told me he wanted to take me to the club on Friday...when i said no...he asked if I wanted to run on the beach with him on Saturday "you're fat and if you're lazy the fat will take over"...NOT the best pick up line and I considered slapping him but instead chose to tell him I would not give him my phone number and I would never see him again (is that what Jesus would do? I'm just not sure.)...anyway I hope the girls learned that you can politely say no and I will be forgiven for laughing at the poor boy all day. It was a good opportunity for us to talk about boys...and laugh!

When we got back to the Guest House the girls dressed up and answered some questions for me...here's what they shared:

R.(11 years)--Before I came to TRS I lived in Waterloo in a pink and green house with 10 rooms and lots of family. I lived with my mama, papa, 4 sisters named Fatmata, 6 brothers, Uncles, and Aunties. Some of them are dead now but I remember Aunty Marie, Mariatu, and Mariama. I went to school but after school I went to the market to help sell cement. I also helped to cook and sell food. What I like best about TRS is that I get to go to school, eat 3 or 4 times a day, have rest time everyday in the afternoon, and my aunties. I thank God for making me to see this wonderful day and brining me to TRS. When I grow up I want to be the President of Sierra Leone and I want to help people by sharing food with them. I want to tell my sponsors: I love you!

F.-- I am 14 years old and before I came to TRS I lived in Kenema and Freetown. I lived in a fine place with 1 room and 4 other people. I have 1 sister and 1 brother and they are both at TRS with me. I went to school and my job was to fetch water for my family. I am at TRS because God brought me here and I am grateful to Him for that and that I get to talk on the computer to my sponsors. The best thing about TRS is that I get to go to school and when I grow up I want to be an accountant and a bank manager. I dream of helping children by sharing money with them. I want to tell my sponsors that the Lord will bless them.

I.--(11 years) Before TRS I lived in Goedrich; my home had 1 room and parlor and there were 6 of us living there. I went to school but after class I had to go to the market to sell potato leaves to help my family. It is because of God's grace that I came to live at TRS where I eat 3 times a day, have aunties to care for me, and I have sponsors. I thank God because I get to go to school. When I grow up I want to be a bank manager and help people that don't have enough. I pray for my sponsors that God will bless them and protect them from danger.

B.--I am 11 years old and before TRS I lived in AllenTown at the Network; when I was there there were 98 people living with me. I went to school there; God brought me to TRS and I am grateful! I love TRS because I get to eat good food everyday, pray everyday, and go to school. I am thankful to God because I am here and I have sponsors and aunties and uncles. When I grow up I want to be a nurse and work with children. I also dream about being a pastor. I want to tell my sponsors I love you and God will bless you!

These girls are absolutely beautiful! Whenever I hear the "Song of the Beautiful" (Christy Nockels) I think of them and the work that God is doing in their precious lives.
The broken, weary and poor
Finding...You are the cure
The weak and dying, glorifying, You in it all...

It's the song of the beautiful, Jesus Loves Me...
It's the song of the beautiful, Jesus Saved Me...
The song of the redeemed, the echoes of those made free,
It's the song of the beautiful, Jesus Loves Me...


The fallen back on their feet
The fatherless now complete...
The innocent suffering, rising from wounding, to find...You were there all along!



It's the song of the beautiful, Jesus Loves Me...
It's the song of the beautiful, Jesus Saved Me...
The song of the redeemed, the echoes of those made free -
It's the song of the beautiful, Jesus Loves Me...

Oh how He loves me
Oh how He loves me
Oh how He love me...
The broken, the beautiful....


The prodigal running home...
The widow never alone...
The one who is waiting, rising and singing, "You...Jesus, You Are My All!"

No comments:

Post a Comment