Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Deh...The Best Behaved Boy at the Center


On Sunday, Pastor Daniel called up one of the boys and declared to everyone that he was the best behaved child in the whole center. He  is a quiet child, honestly, I don't think I met him until I had been here several months:) but he is very obedient and helpful. Last week found him cleaning up after all this brothers and sisters without being asked. He is usually the first to stack chairs after service and enjoys sweeping the floor if he has a broom! So, as a reward for his good behavior he was recognized in church and given some biscuits (which he sat down and ate RIGHT away, I think he was afraid of having to be nice and share if any were left at the end of service); and I told him I was going to tell all of America about him in my blog (I recognize that this was a bit of a stretch, as not ALL of America reads my blog, but the important people do:)

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the boy I've nicknamed Deh…
He was born in Shenge in a village called Mokombetti (didn't spell that correctly for sure) and he has 2 brothers living with him now at TRS…he's the oldest of the three. Deh is 6 years old and was born in October. He remembers his village as having lots of mangos, which he loves, and that there he slept on the ground in a 3 room house that 36 people shared. He never got to eat 4x a day like he does at TRS but he did go to school. His parents were farmers and they grew cassava and potatoes. He helped them sometimes on the farm.
I asked him what he likes best about living at The Covering and he said EVERYTHING! When he prays he tells God thank you for his family, his sponsors, and that he can be together with his brothers at TRS. I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up and he responded…LIKE JESUS! and a teacher (like Jesus!). I also asked what he would like his sponsors to know and he said "My family is poor. I love God. Thank you!"

1 comment:

  1. chrissiewoodruffMay 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM

    Cari, thank you for sharing his story! There are so many amazing kids there so to be named the best behaved is quite an accomplishment! All of America should be so blessed to know him and his story!

    ReplyDelete