Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Sunday, March 27, 2011


We have some of the most amazing staff working for TRS! I have been privileged to get to know them and hear their stories over the last few months! Recently I asked one of the older boys at the Center to play the role of a journalist and ask each of the staff some questions about themselves. I would like to share parts of their stories with you…

"A Brief Story about Uncle Q…this is what he said:
I have 2 children and I live in Marjay Town; also the food I like best is green and rice. My favorite color is gray. 
The things I enjoy most about my job are when I make sure that what ever is for the kids reach the kids and what ever is for the staff reach the staff. I enjoy the role that I play at TRS.
I have skills in drama but because of the time that is why I don't do it at TRS. The year I came to Christ was in 2003.
I grew up with my mother, because I lost my father when I was a small boy. It was difficult for my mother and even for me to attend school was a problem and housing was a problem.
I go to First Presbyterian Church and I am 35 years old. Before TRS I worked at COTN."

Uncle Q. shares his story with many of the teams that come to Sierra Leone. He is our Country Director and we are very blessed to have him as a leader of the staff and Big Brother to the children. Each time he shares the story of the struggle his mother went through to raise him and his brothers and sisters after his father died and his experiences during the war I am amazed at the protection and provision of God and at his plan and purposes in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment