Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Queen

Today we had a special visitor...Miss West Africa Sierra Leone!



She read to the children and talked to them about doing well in school and working to become someone someday. They told her they want to be lawyers, doctors, presidents, teachers, nurses, bankers, dolphins and sharks when they grow up:) Our girls all want to be African Queens now...me I was just amazed again at our children! They were warm and welcoming, they gave speeches and sang songs, and they impressed that Queen to tears!




Here is our own Miss TRS African Queen!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my.. I love this!! What a special treat to have her visit and for her to be so moved by the kids. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes my day when I read of the children, once blessed, learning to bless others. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless you Cari! It hurts my heart to know how much others don't have. It hurts my heart that I have been guilty of being ungrateful for the abundance I have been given. I am so grateful that our God is so big and that we are ALL HIS.

    Let us not be blinded to or crippled by the needs around us, but focus on what we can do and do it well.

    This is our bible study this week in a nutshell. I can't believe how much your post fits what we've just been reading.

    Amy Brown - Madison

    ReplyDelete