Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Praises!

I met with some wonderful friends this morning and got a chance to share about my upcoming move to Sierra Leone and give them specific things to pray about. It was such a blessing to hear their encouragement and know their promise to pray and support me. I have been very aware these last few weeks of how deep the relationships that I have made are. I am so grateful for friends and family who support and encourage me...even when I have crazy ideas! I thank God for you!

I am working on tying up loose ends at Crossroads and turning the leadership of Children's Ministry over to my fantastic team of leaders!
It's been a crazy few weeks getting things lined up but I am ready to start thinking about the steps I need to take to get ready for Sierra Leone in June. Wow! There are moments when I say that and I get this ball of energy and anxiety in my stomach. It's hard to believe at times that it's real. I am really moving to Sierra Leone. I am so excited about the kids and working with them and families there. The job is big but I feel (as far as I can tell today) that God has prepared me for it and will help me learn what I need to along the way.

Today I've been working on putting together a fundraiser concert and benefit for my move! If you are in St. Cloud on April 16th, I'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment