Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Overcome

The last few weeks in Sierra Leone have been difficult  for me for many reasons and I am so grateful today for a God who gently leads and guides me. We are made for relationship. To know and be known...to love and be loved and for any of you who have ever packed up your life and moved far away you know that feeling of having your heart in 2 places, or more!

I think I fell in love with Charlie Hall the first time I heard him sing; the words to his songs grab my heart and attention so often. This week it's been a song called "I will overcome" and I want to share it with you, (you can find the song on youtube if you want to hear it). And say thank you for the sweet words of encouragement and prayers that you have given me recently. Thanks!

And I can see that my hands are trembling, I can see that my legs are weak

I can see that my head is spinning, but I will overcome
And I know that my heart is hurting, And I know that my soul it aches
And I know that it seems I'm failing, but I will overcome, yeah

Chorus:
O Lord I'm strong in You, O Lord I am wise in You
O Lord I can see in You, so I will overcome
O Lord I'm loved by You, O Lord I am free in you
O Lord I'm complete in You
So I will overcome, I will overcome, I will overcome

Bridge:
God listen to me shout, I'm so far from anywhere and I'm calling out
Lead me, lead me to the rock that is higher than I
You're my breath, You're my breath, You're my very life
Infinite, Holy King meets weak and frail Christ in me
And I will overcome not by my strength but by Your grace and love

5 comments:

  1. Amen, Cari.
    Praying for you today.
    Great song! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listened to the song; Awesome! Great words for all of us.
    "And you will overcome; not by your strength by by His grace and love."
    Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am keeping you in my prayers. Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for encouragement for you and strength for each new day. You are such a blessing there to the kids and staff! God is using you greatly! I so pray that today you feel joy abundantly and feel like God is right by you and He is!

    Love Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate Cari...even with the beautiful new family God has given you, I know the ache your heart can sometimes feel for your family back home. It is times like those when they happen for me I ask myself would I really have it any other way? Would I really when it comes down to it miss this opportunity to know and live among the family I have now for anything? Both are beautiful and both I love dearly and the body of Christ is so large. It's hard in the learning sometimes just how big the family/body of Christ truly is over land and ocean. But when it gets hard look into the eyes of the portion of family God has you with and when you see the joy look back at you..you'll gain strength and know your right Lord when it comes down to it...I couldn't have it any other way for your way is precious and beautiful.
    Blessings Cari miss you lots and hope to see our extended family someday...:)
    With Love in our King,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete