Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Sunday, December 19, 2010

676. dancing under the stars
677. Sleep!
678. talking with the kids about Jesus coming as the best gift ever
679. giving Christmas Presents to the staff
680. getting Christmas Cards from friends from home...thanks Jim & Joyce, Joel & Holly, and Grandpa & Grandma Logan
681. a letter from Kj with the verses she is learning on it
682. a big brother who takes good care of his younger siblings...all 83 of them
683. "I've never enjoyed my life so much!"
684. nap time with Jr. (I am AMAZED that I managed to get this 3 year old to stop long enough to sleep...I failed with his older brother...mostly because I fell asleep myself!)
685. No school this week!
686. a school outing to the BEACH
687. that Pastor Daniel complains about the amount of peppers in the rice more than I do. WOW! that was some HOT stuff!
688. finding a cab last night! YIKES!
689. finding a chocolate cake in the fridge...is it magic or is it Marie?
690. being up late enough to see the moon reflect off the water
691. a horse on the beach
692. watching or kids at a school outing be the most respectful, well behaved ones there
693. Pastor Daniel intervening when kids in the community do stupid things
694. homemade chocolate chip cookies...that I made myself!
695. popcorn
696. watching Popeye with Sam, Fallah, and Alie
697. sleep walkers at a party:)
698. "It's my job!"
699. sticking my head in the freezer to remember home and why it's good to be here in December:)
700. God's protection from harm
701. Singing "Joy to the World" at the top of our lungs
702. a present to open on Christmas Day
703. smile box
704. practicing being present
705. tank tops and flip flops in December
706. accepted apologies
707. a new week
708. The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish. John 1:14
709-752. Our 40 staff and 3 volunteers! Love them!



753. A little FUN of my own (it's supposed to be a balloon dog?!?)


1 comment:

  1. To my beautiful sis!! I love you!! Glad you got Kj's mail! aj

    ReplyDelete