Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Thursday, August 4, 2011

25 things that have happened since I last wrote…

1.       I learned that if you smash a millipede/bug “you go piss”…from a 4 year old.

2.       I piled 10 pre-teen boys in my car for a ride from here to the center…I don’t think there has EVER been that much joy in one place…they declared that it was their 3rd blessing from Jesus of the day. WOW!

3.       Sometimes having a whole group of men come to try to help you when your car doesn’t start is NOT helpful at all.

4.       I rediscovered that I don’t like being told how to drive.

5.       I LOVE fresh mango juice from Montana Garden.

6.       I’m going to miss Joseph’s birthday…and he already knows itL

7.       Mice don’t go away if you ignore them.

8.       Everyone has left the guest house…it is officially me and the security guard!

9.       Pinterest…I found it and I love it.

10.   I’m terrified of going home because I will be starting over in so many ways…I’ve been looking up versed for the kids about being strong and courageous and without fear…maybe they are really for me.

11.   I cannot go to the market without buying something…it’s as bad as Target.

12.  I lost the exhaust on the side of the road 2x but I learned don’t worry, just pick it up and put it in the boot…or let someone else do it for youJ

13.   I found out that the 2nd time climbing the hill is much harder than the sixth.

14.   I sat on the beach and got a tan; which was great until I realized that I’d have a really strange tan line…but I can fix that by sitting on the beach again!

15.   2 snakes were spotted in the compound…one is dead (THANK YOU KELVIN) and the other is hopefully hiding far, far away.

16.   Pasta, potato, hotdogs and mayo do not really make a good cold salad…probably not warm either…but eating it for my hostess made her feel wonderful and that’s all that matters. (when she tries to open her own restaurant I’ll let her know she might not want to use that recipe again)

17.   I’m losing ground on being grateful. Time to focus on that list again.

18.   The rainy season is to blame for EVERYTHING in July and August. (the toilet doesn’t flush?…blame the rainy season!…the car doesn’t start?...it’s the rainy season!...no chocolate at the supermarket?...oh, the rain!...termites in the ceiling?...the RAIN!)

19.   I was reminded that a broken heart is not easily mended…but it can be restored.

20.   We discovered Crown Bakery Xpress…on this side of Freetown…and with it comes Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta Salad! YUM!

21.   I received a gift of a handmade rag rug from a sweet, sweet girl and I will treasure it FOREVER.

22.   I drove to Kissy! Through the middle of the craziness of downtown Freetown and the car made it over the worst road I have ever driven on.

23.   I got new sunglasses…2 pairs…for $2 each! Bonus!

24.   I was called Aunty Cari ½ a million times and it never gets old.

25.   Grace.

1 comment:

  1. Cari, I hope you never stop writing lists! I enjoy reading them so much. Thank you for letting me peek into your thoughts! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete