Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Ship!


On Thursday, Ashley and I and 3 of the TRS staff took 15 children to visit the Logos Hope, which is a large ship that makes stops in many countries and allows people to visit. The pictures of our day are in chronological order below. We had so much fun…as you can see from the pictures it was quite a day! The children were so cold on the ship because they had the AC on! Ashley and I thought it was wonderful!! The boat has a huge bookstore with many Christian books for sale and the children had fun looking at all the kids books. I had a hard time not buying a bunch of books for myself…I kept reminding myself that I sold all my books for a reason, these children, and replacing my library during my first month in Freetown is not a good idea! The other fun part was the bathrooms! The children were amazed at the flushing toilets, running water in the sinks AND hand dryers. Some were scared of the hand dryers but others wanted to wash their hands over and over again just to use it!


In the PodaPoda
Watching the Film about the ship! (Ashley and Kadiatu)
The Bookstore!
Driving the Ship
More books! (Hawa)
House Father Daniel...Captain!

Captain Sorie
The whole crew

Leaving the boat.
Lunch! Mayo, sweet milk, or sardine juice sandwiches (or some combo of the three)! YUM!

2 comments:

  1. thank you, thank you, thank you for blogging about your experiences! My husband and I have both been to the center and met the kids. We sponsor three and love them all so much. We really love the updates so thanks again!!!
    ~Heather Sisco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cari,
    I am tearing up here in Iowa thinking about these amazing experiences the kids at The Covering are getting because of all the people here in the US and there in SL who love them so dearly! Love them enough to give up a latte or a meal out to sponsor them! I think back to the conditions in which we found Sheriff and to think that now, he is getting these types of fabulous Christ-centered experiences...just melts my heart and encourages me to do more, send more, pray more, trust more! Thank you Cari!!!!

    ReplyDelete