Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 26

September 19th, 2011

Me...I'm always making plans and lists and goals. Most of the lists and plans and goals never make it any farther than a piece of paper tucked away and eventually forgotten BUT I have made another plan and today I took the first step to carry it out!
I've decided that I will have everyone at the center over to the Guest House for dinner before I return to the states. WOW! That's a LOT of food...thank goodness Aunty M. likes my plan and has agreed to help:) Okay, I'll be honest, she does ALL the cooking. I just move a few chairs and greet the guests. She won't even let me help with the dishes and I'm totally fine with that too. I'll admit it, I'm lazy.
We've made a schedule and made sure that everyone will get a chance and tonight we started with Room 3 boys...the oldest ones! I am a bit scared of the room of 25 4-7 year old boys so I thought I'd start out on the easy end.
They came! Some of them didn't eat their rice for lunch because they were so excited to FEAST on Aunty M.'s chicken and fried rice and PIZZA! They were early! This is extremely unusual in Sierra Leone and I think it was because Pastor D. was in charge of them for the night and they were all EXCITED. We played a few board games...one of them decided to play a few tricks on me and hide some of my things! And we had a lesson in table manners--important for boys who are used to throwing food they don't want on the floor, eating only with spoons, and licking the top of ketchup bottles! And after we ate we sat and talked about life, speaking in tongues, and family curses. (Um, Pastor D. talked and answered their questions, I listened:)
One of the other things on my joy/meaning list a few days back was sharing meals with people. I also love to host meals...the kind where you make your best food, set the table nice, and plan to sit for a long time and enjoy each other. I don't do that enough and I can sense another plan...list...goal coming on for where ever I "land" next.
Oh, and can you please pray for me? That group of 25--I split them into two groups and they'll be coming on 2 different nights in October. BUT I'm still scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment