Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 9: J

J. has been my constant companion these days.
He runs to me and throws his arms around me in the morning and 15 minutes later he is doing whatever he can to make me turn away from him. I have been intently seeking his attention for months now and I don’t know if he knows what to do with it.
He is not a small boy! One minute he’ll want to sit on my lap and the next he is pinching me and pushing me around. But this is it…I know that slowly and gently his heart is being changed. I know that this little-big boy who sobbed for over an hour in the office today is figuring out who he is when he is loved; his tears are healing. I told him today, as I squeezed him as tight as I could after he stole my phone, threatened to break my glasses, and pinched me so hard I almost started crying—that I love him (I also told him that I am not going to put up with his behavior so he needs to think about apologizing) and that always would…even if I’m not around to give him a squeeze!

(September 2, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment