Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Adaptability

When I took the StrengthsFinder test several years ago, adaptability came to the top of the list. Seriously, that has come in handy the last few days. I came on this trip not exactly sure what i'd be doing when i got here, and even the first few days I was frustrated with what was going on...but the last few days have been full of changes! I have been forced to change my plans and expectations multiple times a day. I am learning very quickly what it really means to adapt! God has been revealing so many other things to me this week as well...it's hard to believe that I have been away from my home for a week now! It was only last Saturday that i was waiting anxiously at the airport for President Obama to go away...I saw Air Force One out the window on the same tarmac space as my plane!!! I aksed the ticket lady several times...will I make my connection in Chicago? She said, "Ma'am I cannot control the President of the United States!" I told her I wasn't expecting that but I NEEDED to get to Chicago! It's funny now but at the time I was not happy:)

So after one week we are tired and still wondering how all of this will come together and get done. Wondering why God send us here to rescue children. It's a huge responsibility! But we are trusting!

We drove by CrowBay, the worst slum area in Freetown, a place that I did not see last year. One of these days soon we will drive through it and see what it is like but it is a garbage dump filled with tents and 3000 men, women, and children. Just seeing it from a distance I know that it is one of the most horrible places on this earth. Tonight I am falling asleep with those children who live there on my mind. I pray that somehow, someway, we might also be able to rescue some of themn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment