Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Monday, September 21, 2009

A whole week!

I think that this has been the longest week of my life, but in some ways it has flown by as well. In the past week I have become and HR manager--I have developed some really good interview skills and an employee handbook, discipline policy, and hired 20+ staff members. With the help of some of the others on the team I think that we are nearly ready to welcome the children into our home. Today is another day of interviews, tomorrow we'll be training and then we throw open the doors!

We have also become child protection field investigators! I hope that you have seen some of the pictures on other sites and hear the whole story. I cannot wait until I have the freedom to write it all here. God is amazing.

We are comparing the next several days to giving birth...something which I have not done myself, but I've heard the stories...You know that moment when the new child arrives and you feel such joy but then there is the moment that you realize you are responsible to care for this child and to protect them and nurture them and you have no idea what you are doing? Imagine that times 100! YICKES! I understand just a bit more what it means to lay them at the feet of Jesus because only he can accomplish this amazing, overwhelming task.

So we are overwhelmed! I knew last Monday that this was going to be much bigger than we anticipated and planned for and today I can see just how right that sense was last week.

I have one more week here, to release the care of the children into the hands of this staff that we have hired that I pray are trustworthy. I am confident that they will love these children well! To go to Bo and visit my Samai, Jusu, Melicent, and others, to buy a few souvineers. (I bought Baby Logan an elephant but the girls say it's scary...it does have mean eyes...so I might need to look for another!) Pray that we will get as much accomplished this week as we did last.

Also, if you all could pray for my new friend Peggy. She came along to care for her new grandchild whom we have yet to get the papers on. She is overwhelmed by the culture and the emotions that are swirling around her. I have so appreciated her mothering heart...she is trying her hardest to look out for us and care for us. I have encouraged her to become our prayer warrior, to turn her worries and confusion into times of prayer, because we need that so desperately. Pray for her heart and that this trip will be a defining moment in her walk with Jesus!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment