Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Adventure

We have no idea what's happening today! That's the story of this trip. We hurry up and wait. We move quickly and then slow down. Each day is a new adventure.

Here are a few adventures I have had in the last few days...
1. I walked several blocks with my new friend Miss Francis downtown Freetown. It's hard to imagine the amount of people and the smell and the activity that swirls around. I found it to be fun. We talked and she met people that she knew and I met them and it wasn't long enough! (we only went 3 blocks:(

2.I have been meeting and interviewing some amazing people as we search for staff. We have discovered men, who grew up as orphans, adopted them into their homes, and long to have a minsitry caring for them AND he is a carpenter so he is working at building beds! Women who are cooks as well as tailors. One of the women used to have a business selling food at the school and had to stop because she gave away food to any child who was hungry and could not make a profit! A man who knows how to install solar panels and electricity showed up today.

3. I have learned some Mende and Krio from some beautiful children, and fallen in love with them. What little survivors they are. I am praying desperately that God will bring healing through the trauma that they are in.

4. I am learning AGAIN to patient and yet persistent, to listen at everymoment to what the Holy Spirit is stirring, and to trust. To leave everything at the feet of Jesus and beg for his provision and timing.

I have had little sleep in the last few days and am hoping to take a quick nap before our nightly team meeting and prayer time.

Thanks for your prayers!
Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment