Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jaylo Ama!

The rain is coming...actually it has arrived. It just pours and pours here. But since we did not come to sun bathe we continue to say that's just the way we like it! 

For me, yesterday was spent in meetings. We interviewed several job candidates and several others who helped us with what our next steps are this week. The amount of forms and papers and registrations and government offices that we need to track down and complete is staggering. We are not on Africa time, yet we need to be because being impatient and in a hurry doesn't speed things up one bit. If you have a chance pray for patience today. 

We were up late again last night trying to figure everything out and I feel such conflict over what I should be doing each day that it is difficult for me to function. I want to just be with the kids--play with them and talk to them--but I know that if we don't set up the right system to care for the kids before we leave, then I feel like we haven't loved the kids for the long run. I need some help to wade through it all but we are all in a swirl about different things. Hopefully today will be better!

On Monday, we stopped on the road too meet Emily's family and a woman walked up to me and said, "you take my baby".  The need is so great here! I could tell that this was a woman who loved her child but probably had no way to care for her well. What do you do when you don't have food, water, and shelter for your child? When you cannot provide even their most basic needs? You pray for a rescue, and if you cannot be rescued for yourself, you give up your child, hoping desperately that someone will rescue them. I've been studying and thinking about the Kingdom of God, about Jesus' mission to bring good news to the poor...to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free.
How should we respond to a world that desperately needs the good news...not just the good news that Jesus loves us and has a plan for our lives, but the good news that GOD himself is working out the restoration of all creation. That hope is not lost it simply for most of us has yet to be found!

Okay, that's my jumbled thoughts for today. I will try to be back tomorrow.




--
Cari Logan
Children's Pastor
www.crossroadschurch.info

No comments:

Post a Comment