Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"If there is something upon which God has put His pressure, obey in that matter, bring your imagination into captivity to the obedience of Christ with regard to it and everything will become as clear as daylight."Oswald Chambers

First, I have to say is THEY HAVE A NEW HELICOPTER! You wouldn’t believe how great it was to ride in…after 14 hours of flight, several hours wandering aimlessly through Heathrow airport in London, and 2 hours “anticipating” the helicopter ride, my excitement over climbing onto a new helicopter with real flotation devices and actual seats and storage areas was over the top! You might remember how much I HATED the helicopter ride last year; but it was the best thing that happened yesterday.

Today I woke up to Nescafe and the ocean. There are people all over the beach cleaning up the garbage! Miracles do happen. I’m hoping for a walk on the beach some time this week!

Our day today was spent at the orphanage with the kids! It was immediately obvious that they were excited to see us and in need of so much care. I fought back tears all day, and had many moments wondering how our God could leave these little ones in a place like this. But I soon realized that He is not leaving them without hope. He is working…we just get to be a part of that movement! Which is absolutely overwhelming and amazing at the same time.

The kids were very sweet and everywhere. Two little girls stayed at my side all day. One carried my backpack around for me and the other clung to my hand.. Every once in a while, she’d whisper in my ear, “I need shoes for school. I cannot go to school without shoes.” They showed me their room, where 10-15 school age girls share an empty space with a small mattress in the corner.

We left knowing that we probably would not be going back to that building again unless something changes. I hope and pray to see them again, but we are waiting on so many things.

We have limited internet so I will not be able to share as much as I would like to. I will do my best.






No comments:

Post a Comment