Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Friday, November 5, 2010

101...

101. short-cuts to Lumley that don't turn out to be very short or easy
102. that I only slipped once on the shortcut to Lumley but managed to stay upright...that's right people I didn't fall down, this is a rare occasion for me and should be celbrated...most days the ground really likes me and I find myself hitting it hard.
103. rows and rows and rows and rows of fabric stores
104. matching African dresses...Jessie and I are going to look so fine...the children will too!
105. longing for home--it means my heart knows it is loved there
106. small hands pulling my hair
107. that I have hair on my head at the end of each day
108. cancer free
109. bug spray
110. triple word scores in scrabble
111. getting a bill for 2.5 million and being able to pay it...being a millionare
112. amazon.com (and no I did NOT spend 2.5 million there!) and that's self-control that I am also grateful for
113. http://www.aholyexperience.com/ (she helps me see God in the everyday) and http://rachelheldevans.com/ (she makes me think) and http://stuffchristianslike.net/ (he makes me LOL)
114.  riding the big green bus into town
115. malaria pills
116. silence
117. security guards
118. telling 2 children Happy Birthday today and realizing they didn't even know that today was a special day
119. watching the girls talk to Uncle Andrew
120. Isaac...I can't believe he's 9 mnths old already
121. a fine house to live in
122. a Friday night with nothing to do (ok, that's stretching the gratefulness thing a bit far!)
123. HOPE
124. a slow pace of life
125. rediscovering who I am

No comments:

Post a Comment