Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

226...

226. “This is a large work I’ve called you into, but don’t be overwhelmed by it. It’s best to start small. Give a cool cup of water to someone who is thirsty, for instance. The smallest act of giving… makes you a true apprentice. You won’t lose out on a thing.” ~Matt. 10:32 MSG
227. listening to Christmas music with Jessie...such enthusiasm! such joy!
228. bales of underpants...seriously, we bought a bale of underpants! like 2000+ pairs WooHoo!
229. learning to play the dancing foot game
230. having the children share their sweets with me...they want to know if I like the same things they do
231. the way Mary snuggles into my shoulder when I pick her up
232. the dazed look on the boys faces when they get up from their naps
233. brave mothers
234. offers to take us to the beach for a day away
235. cucumbers and tomatoes for dinner
236. sudden down pours
237. jokes about wetting the bed
238. lunch time--watching the children thoroughly enjoy every bite
239. reminders that what seems so insignificant can be significant
240. Osseh's excitement over finding me a car
241. "today I am going to learn to play volleyball"
242. a broken heart that drives me to prayer
243. bread and peanutbutter
245. garbage theives
246. "for the love!"
247. lighting flies on fire
248. "aunty, do they sing songs in America?"
249. "Mohamed, do you have 12 children now?"
250. my backpack that my sister-in-law bought for me...it has a rain cover...I needed that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment