Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Thursday, November 11, 2010

251...

251. facebook chats with Susie
252. a brother who can fix my computer problems!
253. my mom, she's the best and I miss her
254. "that is not a car, that's me and my wife!"
255. new wigs that make school field trips extra exciting
256. people who donate blood...here you have to buy it
257. new shoes
258. free music!
259. the possibilities of new friendships and new guests
260. flushing toilets--they flushe everytime this week!
261. starbucks coffee packets
262. coming home to find my flipflops have been scrubbed clean
263. security lights...actually remembering to turn them on before being asked (no, Andrew, that hasn't happened yet but I'm working on it:)
264. someone to talk through the panic with
265. Maligie's mischevious smile and his ability to miss nearly everyday of school...hmm:)
266. gentle reminders that this is in GOD'S HANDS and I am not responsible for even a fraction of it
267. "I am not an immigration officer...I'm doing their job!"
268. learning ALL about surnames
269. large bags of rice
270. stickers
271. "Please sleep with us here tonight!"
272. shouts of excitement over new laundry bowls
273. more shouts of excitement over new mops
274. movement...slow but steadily...there is forward movement
275. "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trail you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you be overjoyed when his glory is revealed". 1 Peter 4:12-13

2 comments:

  1. Sweet "thanksgivings". You are awesome!
    I love you and miss you too!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, I'm glad to know they are staying after ya'll about it. Cari..(2 seconds) Cari! CARI!

    ReplyDelete