Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratefulness

holy experience


It's November! And it's 90 degrees outside and it doesn't feel like Thanksgiving is just around the corner. But I am ready for some thankfulness and I am going to attempt:) to make a list of 1000 things i am thankful for by Thanksgiving (or Christmas).
Thanks to my sister Anna for putting this on her blog to challenge me!

Monday, November 1, 2010

1. thunder...and that when you are wearing a red shirt when it thunders, it will not come down and get you!
2. funny, quirky things that the kids say (if you kill a spider you will wet the bed)
3. snuggling with sweaty children.
4. text messages from Mike
5. skype
6. peanutbutter cookies with m&ms
7. reminders that I am a child of God
8. Jessie
9. books
10. pens
11. popsicle sticks in envelopes that help us help the kids behave!
12. pringles
13. clean water to drink
14. Mamba Point
15. Footballs
16. Crayons
17. breeze off the ocean
18. flashlights!
19. night time devotions...LOVE the sound of the kids voices floating across the hill
20. candles
21. Lucy's laughter
22. the way Mary rests her cheek on her foot (you've got to see this, the girl is soooo flexible, i'll get a picture soon!)
23. pepper...he wakes me up every morning
24. bats and lizards! Seriously, they eat the mosquitos
25. Hugs from Aunty Marie

1 comment:

  1. I think I will also make a list:
    1. Blog posts from Cari
    2. Blog posts from Jessie....

    Love ya,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete