Luke 24:13-32
This is Jesus heartburn(I have to credit Dallas Willard for this term!)...31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Saturday, November 13, 2010

301...

301. funny, akward emails
302. not getting pulled over by the police for having too many people in a taxi because I'm white...the taxi driver was so appreciative of my skin color today!
303. breakfast...pancakes, crepes, and eggs
304. less things to complain about
305. cold water
306. indoor waiting rooms a the hospital
307. Doctors, nurses, adminsitrators who leave behind nice, clean hospitals in Europe or America to serve desperate, poor people in Africa...
308. One in particular...I watched her scurry around the building for 3+ hours today, non-stop...everytime I go there I see her running here and there...she must sleep well at night
309. long conversations walking down the hill to Lumley
310. A ride back up the hill from Lumley
311. the fan by my bed
312. friends who reach out to ask how I am doing
313. Sundays
314. watching little boys enjoy icecream...which can be bought in small plastic baggies on the side of the road
315. moments of clarity
316. wet wipes
317. the way that everyone greets everyone when walking into a room...even strangers.
318. the way strangers gather to comfort each other in a loss
319. tears, because life is so precious and sacred
320. that Jessie never mentions that I stink...even though I KNOW I do
321. the special bread that is sold out of the trunk of the "special" car...and that Abdul knows the dealer
322. Abdul and left over apple cobbler
323. top-up
324. today we went in the opposite direction as traffic...and it cleared before we had to return
325. snow in MN...sorry, I know you all are complaining about it and I would be too if I were there but seriously, I miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment